Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Cold as Ice.

But oh, it's so nice to run again.

This morning I dragged my sleepy self out of bed and put on my cold-weather running gear for a nice 22-minute jaunt through the neighborhood. The temperature when I arrived back home?

24 degrees.

But do you know what? I didn't actually feel the cold much once I got warmed up. In fact, I was downright comfortable. Except for my lungs, which I felt like had frozen up. And also my toes. I'll have to put on some warmer socks for that.

I was talking to my friend Stephanie after I got into the office this morning and she gave me a helpful hint that I think I'll try next time I run: I'll pull the collar of my jacket up over my mouth and use it as a filter, circulating the nice warm air through the fabric instead of inhaling that frozen oxygen that's lingering about outside. I think that'll do the trick!

Two weeks ago I started swimming again. That same week, I hopped back on the bike. Now, I'm back on the road. This completes my return to triathlon training. It feels great to be back!

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home