Friday, November 24, 2006

Thwarted on Thanksgiving

Well, happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone!

Mikey and I had a fantastic time yesterday, eating lots of food, sitting in front of a picturesque fire in the fireplace, and playing with Lucky the Wonder-Cat. We even put together a Thanksgiving home video.

But we didn't train. Never fear, however! I have an excuse. :)

The YMCA was closed, and the weather outside was truly frightful. The gym at the office was so isolated that I was reluctant for us to go in with the building shut down for the holiday. So that means that I'll have to double up on one day this weekend. I'm designating Sunday as the doubling-up day. I'll run and swim and have a fine time. That said, if I miss the swim, it's no big loss -- the one thing I AM confident about in this triathlon is my ability to swim 500 meters.

So the rest of the week looks thusly:

Friday: Long bike (70 minutes)
Saturday: Short run (21 minutes)
Sunday: Long run (35 minutes), possible swim (56 minutes)

So much training, so little time! I promise I'm not always so off-track. But holiday weeks always bring me to a screeching halt. Darn that Tofurky. :)

OK! Back to work. Happy Thanksgiving!

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home