Thursday, December 27, 2007

Ooh-Ooh.

So, despite my best efforts, I have fallen off the training wagon this week. Christmas will do that to you, I suppose.

I was supposed to run on Christmas Day, but three Santa-crazed nieces and nephews did not allow that to happen. :) And I was supposed to hit the pool this morning, but given the fact that I've been going on very little sleep this week, and traveling/working/volunteering all day yesterday, I opted to stay in bed this morning and try to catch up on my rest. Mainly because every time I fly I become susceptible to germs and viruses that I'm normally immune to. I don't want to court trouble, you know?

The GOOD news is, last week I managed to complete every training goal I'd made for myself. Not too shabby! :) And if I play my cards right, I'll only miss my two swims for this week.

Why the swims? Because I've got a one-mile race on Monday and I want to make sure I can complete it in the requisite 10 minutes or less. Thus, I must work in a couple of runs this week to time myself. My goal is to finish around 8:30 or 9. Tomorrow morning I'm going to try to hold a 9-minute pace. Saturday I will try to hold a 10-minute pace. For tapering. Ha! :)

So, the revised schedule this week looks like this:

Monday: Rest day.
Tuesday: Rest day.
Wednesday: Rest day.
Thursday: Bike (30 minutes).
Friday: Run (one-mile time trial, 30 minutes total), weights.
Saturday: Run (one-mile time trial, 40 minutes total).
Sunday: Bike (60 minutes), bowling.

Next week, my Olympic training begins. I can't wait! It'll be just the structure I need to stay strong. And with one base season under my belt, I feel like now I can work on speed and finesse. Which will give me a leg up, I hope, in next year's races!

Also, as an (important) aside, Santa brought me a new indoor bike trainer!!! So I will be using it tonight while watching "The Golden Girls" on TV. That, and this year's Ironman Florida. :)

Life is good.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home