Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ice Day!

Forget the snow. Forget the ice storm. I woke up this morning at 6 a.m. ready and able to throw on my gym clothes and head to the YMCA for a nice long run. Then I looked outside.

Well, so much for that.

It seems the plows had forgotten all about our neighborhood this morning. The speedy service we saw not one week ago, the last time we got even a remote dusting of snow, was certainly absent today. I knew I'd be asking for trouble by getting out into the mess -- before daylight, at that -- and driving down a busy road all Florida-girl style. (Incidentally, my dear husband did get into an accident this morning on his way to work, so I feel vindicated in going back to bed. No, he's not hurt. Yes, the car's fine. Yes, the stone wall he slid into is fine.)

And so I've used up both rest days, just like that -- one planned for yesterday, the other a casualty of icy roads. That's OK. I'll just go tomorrow morning and then bike on Friday. Snow or no snow.

Be careful, y'all!

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home