Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Hurray!

I'm back in the game!

This morning I woke up and felt strangely like myself, which was a welcome change from the last week's Parade of Ailments. So, instead of adhering to my brain's sweet talk, which consisted mainly of, "Oh, honey, you are so tired, you need your rest, please, dear, go back to sleep, my friend," I rose from the sickbed and went to the pool, where I swam for 31 minutes. I didn't get my full workout in -- my lung capacity is greatly diminished in these tumultuous times -- but I got enough in to feel useful. :) On Friday, I bet I'll be almost back to my old self.

But for today, I am so excited to be able to breathe as well as I am and regain a bit of my pre-illness composure. :) Tonight I'm planning on a 53-minute bike ride in the trainer. With some "Golden Girls" on the TV and a cat fanning herself by my back wheel (and, yes, I keep an eye on her to ensure she does not get ensnared), I think I'll make it!

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home