Monday, November 27, 2006

Half a Mile and an Extra Block

This morning was my 23-minute short run, and with the weather being so mild I was able to run it outdoors (whoohoo!). Furthermore, I have bested my last personal distance record and have now gone further than a half-mile without stopping. Yes, fans, today I ran half a mile PLUS one block! I know, it seems small, but it's certainly progress for me. I could've kept running, and probably should've, but decided to slow it on up for a block or so to catch my breath. Next time -- Wednesday morning, to be exact -- I'll go an EXTRA additional block.

My goal is to be able to run a mile without stopping by Dec. 1. That's Friday, for those playing the home edition. I think I can do it. The hangup is, I have a swim, not a run, scheduled for Friday, so I may put my mile to the test on Sunday during the long run.

Anyway, there's my update for this morning. Nothing like hitting the ground running to start the week, no?

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home