Monday, January 08, 2007

A Mile and a Half!

I'm tempted to add a "(Finally!)" to the title of this post, but I'll refrain. For even though I'm behind on my personal running goal, I really feel like I'm doing my very best and giving this training all I've got. And, slowly but surely, it's paying off.

Yesterday, I ran for 40 minutes. Forty minutes. That's not something I ever would've imagined myself doing. Granted, I included some intervals of slow jogging/fast walking, but I never slowed to a stop, or even a saunter. ;) I'm paying for it today -- my quads are dismayed with my recent behavior -- but it's so worth it.

So next week I'm going to go for two. No sense in stopping at 1.5 for any extended period of time, right? I'm ready to knock out 5K in as little time as possible.

In other news, I rode 14ish miles on Saturday amid a throng of pedestrians on some of our local trails. It took me much longer than it should have because I had to stop every 100 yards or so to creep behind some unruly walkers/joggers/skaters/dogs/etc., but it was a lot of fun nonetheless. I can't wait to go back out this weekend. Or maybe even sooner. Ike and I really do have a lot of fun on our rides.

So, this week starts my Olympic training plan. I'm so excited! I can't wait to see how I do. Updates to come, I promise!

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home